Channel 4’s new eight-week TV series, Abbey Road Studios: in Session with Volkswagen Beetle, hits our screens this month. The Mod Father himself, Paul Weller, kicks it off with a 45 minute special on 14th November.
The show will feature a mix of established artists including Mercury Prize winners Alt-J, Mercury Prize nominees Django Django and The Maccabees, plus Foals, Biffy Clyro, The Vaccines and Two Door Cinema Club.
Channel 4 and London’s legendary Abbey Road Studios have teamed-up with Volkswagen to create the series in celebration of the return of the iconic Volkswagen Beetle.
The shows will include:
– Episode one: Paul Weller (45 minutes)
– Episode two: The Maccabees/Django Django (30 minutes)
– Episode three: Civil Wars/Kyle Eastwood Band (30 minutes)
– Episode four: The Vaccines/Jake Bugg (30 minutes)
– Episode five: Foals/Alt-J (30 minutes)
– Episode six: First Aid Kit/Kristina Train (30 minutes)
– Episode seven: Biffy Clyro/Two Door Cinema Club (30 minutes)
– Episode eight: one hour special featuring a previously unseen performance from each of the series’ 13 acts (60 minutes)
You can see an exclusive trailer for the show below.[youtube id=”8uMcW2MO88k” width=”600″ height=”350″]